Subject: Flyer Failure
From: "Dr. Richard Lininger" <[email-masked]>
To: Bob Gould <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 18:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

Bob,
The message you posted to the lightwave list #43 sounded more like the 
problems I have than any previous postings.  I have been trying to run the 
Flyer on my 3000T since Feb. and most of the time since then either the 
Flyer or the 3000T has been in for repairs (?).  I have 32 Megs and a 
Mercury 'O4O.  The last time I sent the Tower in for service it was 
rarely booting, and it crashed regularly when it did boot.  When the 
technician removed everything from the box except the cpu it was finally 
reduced to refusing to boot at all!  Their diagnosis--motherboard 
failure.  I have not seen the machine for a month or so and am waiting to 
see if the motherboard repair works.  

In one major respect my experience differs from yours--I have not been 
able to get ANY real work done.

I am studying alternate platforms for lightwave.  Reading your post 
raises questions about whether some Flyer-Toaster-Amiga combinations have 
terminal incompatibility.

Richard Lininger